Thursday, April 22, 2010

I've Started to Make Books

Ok, so this is off topic from my normal posts but I just thought I'd show you two books that I have made so far.  My materials aren't by any means professional, but hey they worked and the final product looks pretty neat.  For the covers I used heavy cardboard and construction paper and the pages were just light cardstock and computer paper, oh I also used thick thread to sew the pages together.
I've been thinking of getting a bunch of professional materials and selling these books cause I find making them quite enjoyable.  Let me know what you think! :)


The First book I made, It's going to be my garden journal.  I'm going to snazz it up a bit with some distressing ink and chipboard bits :)












The pages after being sewn and glued together
 The Cover after being glued and covered with construction paper to make it pretty.
 Pages are glued in and it's drying time..
Finished!  ( I had a brain fart, I don't know why I chose green and blue)
It turned out a bit crooked cause the pages shifted when I was gluing, but oh well I still like it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment